New BT Home Hub 2.0

brambles 16:25 28 Feb 2009

I've just received my new BT Hub. My desktop computer is not wireless so I understand I have to buy a USB adapter. Would like a recommendation on the best compatible one. I was at friends with a my iPod Touch and although it identified the network it was denied access because my friend didn't seem to know what his hub password was or where to find it. Just so I'm not embarassed when I have a visitor where is the password kept. I have a Wireless Settings card that lists the Wireless Network Name and underneath that a Wireless key 2caa****** is this a password eventually? I'm rather elderly and shouldn't be chasing this new technology wish I'd have stuck with Morse Code I understood that. Brambles

Tech Guy 16:41 28 Feb 2009

Yes that card is your wireless network name and the pre-shared key (password).

To connect your desktop computer to the BT hub you will have to buy a "wireless network adapter" also nicknamed a "dongle".

When you goto buy a wireless network adapter tell the shop you need a "N" wireless adapter.

Good luck

T0SH 13:15 01 Mar 2009

On BT home hubs the encryption key is normally printed on label stuck to the back side of the hub and is usually called "Wireless Key" followed by a long string of letters and numbers you are required to enter this when prompted by the device you are trying to connect wirelessly

Cheers HC

brambles 18:20 01 Mar 2009

Thank you Tech Guy & TOSH for your prompt replies I do appreciate your assistance. Brambles

Rayle 14:18 02 Mar 2009

If you need further help, the BT Forum is the place
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone