new broadband user - zonealarm query

NormyNorm 22:43 02 May 2006

Hi, please someone put my mind at rest ;-)

Have recently moved out of snailworld (56k dialup) and am happily surfing on 2Mb Broadband.

Was used to my firewall (free Zonealarm) being hit on a regular basis by various packets rated high/medium/low, usually within seconds of going online.

Now all I seem to get is my BT voyager 2091, seemingly trying to speak to itself ...

Am using a Voyager 1055 USB wirelss adapter & the IP address is dynamically allocated. Keep on adding the IP address to the Trusted Zone but kep on getting these entries.

Whilst I'd like to think the router firewall's doing it's job, I'm a cynic and am just a little concerned that the zonealarm s/ware firewall isn't somehow being involved.

Have I missed something REALLY obvious (q. possible!) or should I not be concerned? (I use Firefox, Norton AV, Ad-Aware & Spybot, all regularly updated & am very aware of the dangers out there!)

Many ta's

Stuartli 22:45 02 May 2006

If you go to Alerts and Logs in ZA you can Disable the Alerts.

What you are seeing is that ZA is doing its job but you don't need to be constantly informed...:-)

NormyNorm 22:50 02 May 2006

Stuartli, thanks - I was just concerned at getting bombarded so quickly and so often whilst on dial-up (I filtered the ZA responses to just show medium/high 'hits' and no info), that to suddenly get none at all was a bit worrying.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?