New Broadband Connection

Pillo 20:26 07 Jul 2003

Help! I am confused. I thought I was fairly computer literate until I looked into connecting to Broadband. I want to connect my PC to cable broadband. My motherboard is an ASUS A7N266-VM with on-board LAN connection. Will this connection enable me to connect to my cable "modem" or will I have to install a different interface card. If the latter is correct, what do I look for when buying the card as the hardware websites I'm looking at are very vague in their descriptions?

obbit 20:55 07 Jul 2003

click here

if your integrated LAN 10m/100m then you should be ok. if not an ethernet card is easy to install and should cost about £10

keith-236785 21:04 07 Jul 2003

If your Lan connection is unused then you can connect via that to your broadband modem, But first check that it is installed correctly before trying to install your modem.

Pillo 21:01 08 Jul 2003

obbit & paperman27

Thanks for the quick response. It looks like I could give the on-board connection a try. Got nothing to lose!! By installed correctly, I assume you mean drivers etc. from the motherboard installation disc and also the BIOS set-ups?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie