New Belkin setup

IClaudio 18:14 17 Dec 2008

I'm confused...

Having had a network running for a year or so, in the past couple of months, first the wireless connectivity of my PC->Router failed (I could still use Ethernet wire for a connection), while my other half's Laptop was fine Wireless-ly. A couple of weeks ago, that failed too, so she was not able to get on to the Internet at all.

After much faffing about, I decided to invest in a new Router, choosing a Belkin N-Mimo. Having installed this, I can still access the Internet via Ethernet, but I have no joy with Wireless - I've set up the Network name etc., but can't find it in 'Network and Sharing Centre'.

I know I'm doing something stupid, but I'm getting very frustrated with it!

Any help would be much appreciated!

brundle 20:27 17 Dec 2008

Might help; click here

ambra4 04:25 18 Dec 2008

Check that the switch that turn on the Wireless Card Antenna is switch on, and Enable the

wireless card

Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right Click Wireless Network Connection-Enable or Disable

as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable the wireless card before the card will connect to the

wireless router system

There is also no need to keep turning off the Wireless Antenna to disconnect from the wireless

System Right Click on the wireless icon in the task bar and click Disable

To restart the wireless system – Setting – Network Connection – Right click on the Wireless

Network Connection and click Enable

IClaudio 10:16 18 Dec 2008

Thanks for that, ambra4 - in fact, before I read your post, I did exactly what you suggest and we now have full Wireless connectivity.

'Easy setup' my eye!

ambra4 10:41 18 Dec 2008

"Easy setup' my eye!"

Nothing easy these days like user friendly Computers

Always glad to help

Enjoy and a Merry Christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?