new belkin router with print server

icestation 17:18 28 Sep 2006

i installed my new HPphotosmart printer onto my vaio (usb installation)everything goes ok and works then i ran the belkin print server wizard so i can plug my printer into the printer connection on my router,problem is that now the printer will not print,is there a way of finding the printer through the belkin settings page has any had my probs,thanks

ade.h 17:37 28 Sep 2006

Which model?

icestation 17:45 28 Sep 2006

belkin fsd7231-4p with print server and hp photosmart2575 all-in-one printer

ade.h 17:52 28 Sep 2006

Thanks. I'll look into that and try to get back to you later.

icestation 18:27 28 Sep 2006

thanks i'm off to tesco's 4 a bit

ade.h 21:25 28 Sep 2006

Okay, I've had a look at the manual - it's from page 22 onwards. Here are some things to bear in mind while setting it up:

Unlike the procedure for installing a network printer that is hosted by another client - in which the driver is installed locally automatically - you need to install the printer on each client in turn. Use the printer manufacturer's recommended method for this.

Remember that firewalls may block required communications and/or ask for a response from the user. If you can have all clients switched on and watched by either you or some volunteers, that makes it easier.

There's a manual approach on page 26 that you might be better off using.There's also an option to use the router's config interface.

Make sure that you can access the interface anyway; because if you can't, the wizard won't be able to, either.

click here for the manual if you don't already have it. Read it thoroughly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?