New avg 8.0

veronm1978 21:08 01 May 2008

Hey All,
I just downloaded the latest version of avg there as i was told according to them the old version would expire on may 31 so i said i would get in ahead of time. so i went through the whole process and when i rebooted my computer i discovered i had been phished. I have gone in to add & remove & uninstalled it but i'm wondering has anybody else encountered this or is it just me? I don't have any anti virus running now and obviousley am a little concerned as i don't like running my p.c without being as protected as i can. Should i attempt to download it again or should i download the old version? Sorry now this prob sounds very silly but i'm not the best in the world when it comes to these things but i sure as hell don't want my poor p.c to be infected. if anybody can advise me best on what to do i would really appreciate it. Thanking you all in advance forum members

VoG II 21:15 01 May 2008

What do you mean by "i had been phished"?

bobbybluenose 21:19 01 May 2008

have a look at click here
and click here

bobbybluenose 22:32 01 May 2008

be nice to know how you resolved the prob

Nuneatonian 10:18 02 May 2008

Hi all
Just recently my 7.5 does not update. The box comes up and nothing downloads. I have had the popup to upgrade to the new AVG 8, and I have looked at the free version. I don't want all the extra bits, I have vista so some of features so I have firewall and windows defender are already there. I just want the updated version of 7.5 not all the bumph! Have heard the new one causes problems, a bit nervous!!

Nuneatonian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?