New AVG 7.5

Sethhaniel 10:11 12 Oct 2006

Manual Update to AVG 7.5Your current AVG installation can be updated to AVG 7.5 with no need for reinstallation. Just follow these steps:

click here

Download all the update files listed below and save them to your hard drive (e.g. to the folder named C:\Update75)
u7f4258y.bin
u7fwf4238z.bin
u7hlpf4238z.bin
Start the AVG update process – (basically this will be the normal update process, except this time you will select the "folder" option instead of "internet", and update from the downloaded file):
To run the AVG Control Center: double click the system tray AVG icon, or go through the Start menu -> All Programs -> AVG 7.1 -> AVG Control Center.
Click your mouse on the Internal Virus Database panel or on the Update Manager panel.
Select the Update option, and then select the "Folder" option update source. The step by step update instructions can also be found in the frequently asked questions - FAQ 303.
After you have selected the "Folder" option a new dialog appears and you will be asked to choose the specific folder in which the AVG update file had been saved (see step 1). Press the "OK" button to confirm your selection, and AVG will search the specified folder to perform the program update.

Note: In case you use Windows Millennium OS or older, your PC restart will be required to finish the update process. For currently installed AVG Firewall the restart will be required on all operating systems.

Simsy 10:18 12 Oct 2006

if this applies to the free version as well.

Anyone know?

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 10:22 12 Oct 2006

It seems I spoke too soon...

click here

Regards,

Simsy

Sethhaniel 12:38 12 Oct 2006

A new recommended update for AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows (build 408) has been released. It will be available for download as a installation package or update package. Moreover, AVG installations will automatically download this recommended update within the next 2-3 days (this is because of load balancing).

sunny staines 15:32 12 Oct 2006

ta

Tick Tock 3 17:31 12 Oct 2006

Is your first post click here for the paid for or free version or both.

Sethhaniel 08:47 13 Oct 2006

Free Version

Sethhaniel 09:06 13 Oct 2006

and no sign of the download ???

Sethhaniel 08:12 19 Oct 2006

hope they've ironed out the faults this time ;)

click here

Sethhaniel 09:26 20 Oct 2006

I installed 7.5 yesterday -but it flagged up straight away that I had an old version of Roxio CD &DVD that had a bug that would disrupt AVG7.5
and that I should gott to Roxio for an upgrade - I ignored the warning and installed and hopefully everything OK - it says its uptodate etc

Have been on both the Roxio site (no mention of AVG) and the AVG site (no mention of Roxio)

may be a few false alarms

terryf 09:31 20 Oct 2006

paid for version updated itself to new version automatically during one of the routine updates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?