new audio card installed - pathway issues ...

quitiraq 02:50 03 Jul 2008

Busted sound card socket! PC repair advised installation of new card. The "broken" one was/is integrated/bundled in with the motherboard (is that right?)

I specifically asked if all relevant paths would be recognized automatically/seamlessly by pc with new (superior quality) card. By seamless I mean that the PC automatically enables mike to work in Skype mode and allows live stream recording software Alive.

But here we go again, the teckie was telling porkies (what is the point of tipping them?). Once pc was switched on at home Real Audio worked. CD player worked but rest didn't.

Control panel sound verification wizard didn't help.

The new sound card has 4 sockets. Blue I have identified as microphone but the mike doesn't seem to work. The other 3 sockets must be speaker related and are coloured orange, black, green. The green is certainly the main speaker socket and works.

Imagine picking a car up from the garage, paying, to discover the reverse gear, window wind down and the klaxon are all out of order! I'm sick heartily of this lark.

Yours, in search of intelligence from Wise Ones lurking these boards. Thank you.

ambra4 05:22 10 Jul 2008

Sound Card Connector Colours Code

Black: Sub woofer middle out

Orange: - Rear out

Pink: - Microphone in

Green: - Line out, front speakers

Blue: - Line in

crosstrainer 07:09 10 Jul 2008

Check that your mike is not muted in the advanced sound panel (should be available via the taskbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?