New 512MB 8800TS, No Headphones?

Crazygeorge3 00:42 21 Dec 2008

Hello,

I have just installed my new 8800GTS. It was a bit of a mission putting it in (i had to rewire my pc quite a bit, tucking in the cables etc.)

No it seems however, that no headphones work?. My speakers work fine, but i can't plug any headphones in. I have a nasty feeling that i haven't reconnected one of the cables correctly when i was rewiring, which cable would control this part of my pc? what does it look like?

Thanks

MAJ 00:48 21 Dec 2008

Are you plugging the headphones into the same green socket as the speakers? If it's a standalone sound card, make sure you aren't plugging the headphones into an onboard sound card outlet. If it's a front of PC socket, check the connections, inside the case, to that socket.

Crazygeorge3 00:59 21 Dec 2008

Hello,

Yes, i am plugging the headphones into the same socket.

The ones at the front of the PC don't work either, its quite confusing...

MAJ 01:06 21 Dec 2008

If the speakers work in the socket, then there's nothing wrong with the socket, do the speakers work in the front socket? Faulty headphones, I think.

Crazygeorge3 09:49 21 Dec 2008

Hello,

Nope, it seems that the speakers don't work on the front jack either. Forgot to rewire something?

The thing i don't understand is why the heatphones don't work on the jack at the back of the pc

Crazygeorge3 09:53 21 Dec 2008

I've just checked on sound properties and found something interesting.

Under "Jack Information" for the speakers it says:

L R Rear Panel 3.5 mm jack

And for the currently disabled headphones it says

L R Front Panel 3.5 mm jack

I'm not sure what to to make of this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?