3 Ghz barton, asus a7n8x-x, 1 Gb ram, sapphire x800pro graphics, windows xp home, 550 psu.
I know xp has 60Mhz refresh problem so I've always used refresh rate fix to bring it up to 85 or 100Mhz depending on resolution. Never any problems.
I've uninstalled ati 4.8 drivers (properly uninstalled) and installed omega equivilant 4.8 drivers. now for some reason monitor display 60 as fresh rate. i've reset my refresh rate fix and also tried 'multires. v1.47' (which you can download with omega drivers -which fixes refresh rates) and again I've set to 85 or 100 but still monitor displays as 60. also, in display properties/monitor 85 is ticked.
am i missing something obvious here or how can i fix refresh rates with omega drivers?
Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I’ve tried all suggestions. Under display adapters there are 2 entries: radeon x800pro and radeon x800pro secondary. I only have the 1 radeon x800pro card but there are 2 entries – is this right?
If you go to Display Properties>Settings>Advanced tab and enable List all modes, a menu will appear of all the resolutions and refresh settings that your graphics card is able to support.
Pick which is appropriate - a refresh setting of 85MHz is more than sufficient for the vast majority of computer system users to avoid any risk of flicker.
It could also be that there is a problem with your monitor - try various resolution and refresh settings wtih "Do not reboot to allow revised settings to be available" (or words to that effect) enabled to check it out.
hi and thanks to all - the only way i could do it (after uninstall/install ati/omega/monitor drivers) and using various refresh rate fixes (apart from complete reformat) was to go back to previous system restore point - all is ok now and i'll stick to ati drivers and stop tickering
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.