networking problem

chelle35 12:28 24 Apr 2007

i have a belkin g plus mimo router it worked for 3 days then suddenly stopped endless phone calls and emails to belkin and no luck took it back to pc world and it worked fine he said the problem could be that my ip address is locked how do i get around that which now is the only option has belkin ran round the settings that still not got it working any ideas please
chelle

birdface 15:53 24 Apr 2007

If you have Zone Alarm Firewall delete it,Run C Cleaner and reinstall it.Or if you use Norton I would do the same.

chelle35 16:05 24 Apr 2007

i have norton and uninstalled and reinstalled that already but still does not work

birdface 16:15 24 Apr 2007

Did you use the removal tool for Norton,If you run the removal tool. click here and then run C Cleaner,Then reinstall Norton.I am not saying this is your problem, but it will be one thing less to worry about,If you dont uninstall Norton completely it keeps all your old settings,and when you reinstall you get the same settings back on your computer,the only way is by using the removal tool and running c Cleaner.

chelle35 22:55 24 Apr 2007

i removed norton like you said and reinstalled it still got the same problem

birdface 18:25 25 Apr 2007

click here there are a few solutions on here,You might find something if you browse through it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?