NETWORKING Canon Printer .inf file

Ventad 17:13 10 Apr 2010

canon ip6600d printer attached by USB to VISTA computer, Windows7 computer can see the printer on the home wireless network but when trying to connect windows update looks for the drivers and states .inf file driver it cannot be found it even though I have had the printer connected to the W7 comp by USB and it loaded all the drivers from windows update and printed from it. I have been to canon site and down loaded 64bit driver but cannot find it once opened. Any ideas please.

mgmcc 19:02 10 Apr 2010

What do you mean you cannot find it once opened? If it's a ZIP file or a self-extracting EXE file, the contents should extract into the same folder that you have the compressed archive in.

Ventad 13:36 11 Apr 2010

When I opened the zip file I have even tried search for the downloaded file search cannot find it either.

mgmcc 22:03 11 Apr 2010

Create a new folder and open it with Windows Explorer. Open the ZIP file in a separate window and then either Copy & Pate or drag the contents of the ZIP archive into the new folder you created.

Ventad 13:01 12 Apr 2010

When I open the zip file it does not show or place the contents where I can find them. Windows installer just states that it was installed completely successful.

Ventad 17:02 16 Apr 2010

ticked but not sorted, looks like it is a problem with the 64bit W7 OS. and not with the 32bit W7.

Ventad 13:21 18 Apr 2010

Problem Sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?