networking with blueyonder

Trev w 12:10 12 Dec 2005

Hi All,
I have recently set up two PC's to nework with blueyonder and a belkin router. The internet connection is working fine, but the two PCs are not seeing each other. Each pc has one network card. Do I need another network card in the host PC? and if so, does this then take up another LAN port on the router?
Thanks

mgmcc 12:59 12 Dec 2005

No, you don't need any additional hardware. If both PCs are connected to the Belkin router by ethernet cable, then they are already networked for File/Printer sharing.

The basic networking requirements are:

- each PC should have an individual name but should all be in the SAME Workgroup.

- at least one folder in each PC should be set as "shared" (by right clicking and selecting the Sharing & Security option.

- any firewall software needs to be configured to allow access to the networked computers, normally by entering their IP addresses in the "trusted" area.

--------------------------------------------------

If you use Zone Alarm, select the Firewall tab at the left, then the Zones tab at the top. Click the "Add" button and select "Subnet", then enter:

IP address - 192.168.2.0

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Description - {anything} but it needs an entry (LAN?)

Click "OK" then click "Apply". 192.168.2.xxx is the default subnet used with Belkin Routers.

--------------------------------------------------

Trev w 13:10 12 Dec 2005

(may have posted this a few times now! Cheers, firewall was the problem, I thought I had configured it correctly, but obviously not!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?