networking

fujeni 23:03 10 Nov 2008

do i need a network card onmy xp desktop to share files and printer with my vista laptop or do i just need a router i can connect to the internet wireless on my laptop and desktop no problem but when i try to share files or go to my netork places on my desktop it says you must see administrator to acess files and does not show ANY SHARED folders on xp or my vista laptop i have done all the wizards on xp and vista but still nothing happensanybody help

ambra4 00:24 11 Nov 2008

Networking with Vista and XP Os.

click here

dawood 13:45 12 Nov 2008

You can connect the XP desktop to Vista laptop with a crossover cable click here to do networking, or just set up a wireless network click here , and then enable file sharing in XP click here or Vista click here to share folders, of course you need to share the folder correctly.

fujeni 14:15 12 Nov 2008

hi i know how to set the network up but it keeps saying when i go to my network places see administrator i can connect to the internet no problem with my netgear router and it shows no network places on my desktop or laptop hope this does not sound stupid

Tech Guy 20:35 12 Nov 2008

Use a wireless router with the desktop connected with the ethermet cable and the laptop wirelessly.

Make sure they can both view web pages, shows router is setup properly.

Make sure they are in the same workgroup and you have turned sharing on, on both machines. Then right click on the folder you wish to share and select share with everybody.

Hope this helps.

jonathan.luvrboy 14:21 13 Nov 2008

hi

i have a dell c640 and i want to put a wireless card from a fujisu simiens amilo pro v2030, will it work? will it short out my board?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?