2. Buy a wireless network card for your PC (or don't, if it will be within a few feet of the router).
3. Buy a wireless PCMCIA card for the laptop (if it doesn't already have WiFi built in).
4. Plug the router into the ADSL telephone line (via the microfilter that comes with the BT broadband kit).
5. Plug it into a power supply.
5. Connect one of the computers (it doesn't matter which one) to the router, using the cable that comes in the box, and set up the router according to the makers' instructions.
6. Install the wireless adapters in the computers as necessary.
7. Either remove the cable between router and computer if you've added a wireless adapter, or leave it connected if you haven't.
That's all - the router will automatically log you into your BT broadband connection, every time it's turned on, and it will broadcast the connection to any computer within range.