networking 2000 professional with vista

User-F76F54B9-C7F6-4593-98E589DA02B94056 16:00 28 Jan 2008

I recently acquired a laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I already have a desktop with 2000 Professional installed. I have tried networking the two through a BT Home Hub and whilst the laptop can find and see the desktop, the reverse does not happen. The desktop tells me that the laptop exists but when I try to access, it gives me the error message "Logon failure: account currently disabled". The desktop does not have any accounts except Administrator and,like the laptop,has full sharing access.
Any help would be appreciated

recap 18:16 28 Jan 2008

Have you checked the Firewall settings?

I am pretty sure that all firewall settings are OK. Norton 360 on the laptop and ZoneAlarm on the Desktop.

ambra4 11:49 29 Jan 2008

Uninstall all firewalls that is installed on the PCs.

This includes Zone Alarm, Sygate, Kerio, Norton Internet Security, Zero Knowledge Freedom, Cisco VPN Client, F-Secure, McAfee Firewall, Trend Micro, Comodo, PC Tools Firewall Plus, Norton 360, etc.

In many cases, disabling the firewall is not enough; you have to actually uninstall it.

Do not install or re-install the firewall until after you have the network functioning properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?