network2video dialer

conrail 14:05 23 May 2005

using xp pro + ntl broadband,Adaware + spybot. having just run adawareI find that there are 5 registry entries for 'network2video dialer'anybody know anything about this? concerned that it will change my dialup settings
adaware has removed them

conrail 14:20 23 May 2005

followup: everytime adaware + spybot removes items I run the programs again to ensure they have gone, among the items adaware removed! were 2 tracking cookies, I have now run adaware 4 times and the cookies remain despite adaware saying it has removed them. I always look for updates before running spybot and adaware, the file details are:
Vendor:Tracking Cookie
Category:Data Miner
Object Type:IECache Entry
Size:121 Bytes
Last Activity:23-05-2005 12:58:22 pm
Risk Level:Low
TAC index:3
Comment:Hits:2
Description:This cookie is known to collect information that may be used either for targeted advertising, or tracking users across a particular website, such as page views or ad click-thrus.

pj123 14:24 23 May 2005

Can't find anything about network2video dialer but if you are on NTL Broadband you don't have any dialup settings to change.

conrail 14:48 23 May 2005

thanks pj123, regarding the 2nd postings, it took 5 scans of adaware to remove the 2 cookies, in there was a reference to harry@bluestreak, not known to me so will have to keep an eye on that one and put it in my blocked senders list

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?