Network slow with dongle/internet key

valewmilan 21:58 15 Jan 2015

Hello, I'm connected using a USB dongle or internet key using 3g signal. Sometimes it works almost fine, but others (especially in the evening) it becomes very slow, with high latency. It worked fine before and it works fine on my laptop so I'm basically sure it's my PC's issue. I tried using a different dongle, different connection software, different DNS, different USB port, reinstalling windows 8.1, switching back to 7, installing different drivers, changing some network and bios settings but nothing worked. I was thinking of buying a separate network interface controller to see if it solves the issue but I'm not sure since the dongle uses a usb port.

Thank you kindly for your help, Valentino

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:47 16 Jan 2015

Most likely slow because the £G network is busier in the evening when everyone wants to use it.

valewmilan 15:45 16 Jan 2015

Yes, it definitely is but my speed drops to a couple of kB/s which is not normal while on the laptop it downloads at a few hundreds kB/s. Someone suggested to me that I could probably resolve it by installing a usb card and using that, could it work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?