Network Simulation Software

Tonycablejr 10:49 11 Jul 2006

Hi

I was wondering if there is a piece of software out there for network simulation.

Basically what I am after (if this makes any sense at all) is a program where I can insert PCs and there specs and programs etc, servers (again with specs and programs etc), insert other media into the network (like switches), tell the program how I am planning to network it all together (e.g wireless), and for the program to come back and tell me if it’ll work, or if not why it won’t work and suggest a way to make it work.

I know that this is a big ask, but I am sure that there must be a piece of software out there somewhere that allows it (or at least does part of what I want).

If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the way of some software that would be appreciated. Would prefer it to be free, but don’t mind the pay for option.

Oh and before you ask, I don’t know what is going to be in the network, and how its going to be connected up, which is why I want to use a program first, to see what I can actually do before doing it. I have no idea about software etc, which is why I want a program to simulate, to make sure that it’s not going to crash on me, and see what I can actually get away with!

Many Thanks

Tony

ArrGee 10:54 11 Jul 2006

Hope this is of use... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?