Network problem

kev wood 09:31 21 Aug 2008

we have a network setup between a pc and two macs were i work and we keep having the same problem occurring.

the pc and macs are connected over the network using pc maclan so they can have access to each others hard drive for passing information across.

the problem we are having is every time the pc connects to the mac and tries to access files from the hard drive the pc reboots.

I have checked the computer for viruses and i this come back clean. what could be causing this to happen. every time it causes the pc to reboot i get the error message the system has just recovered from a serious error once it has loaded up again.

brundle 10:34 21 Aug 2008

Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced/Startup and Recovery, untick Automatically Restart. If the machine crashes to a blue screen, take a note of the stop code and any file names mentioned.

Ensure you have the latest drivers for your network card.

Remove and re-install all the networking protocols and clients on the PC - go into Control Panel/Network Connections/Local Area Connection/Properties to do so. Reset TCP/IP too (can't be entirely removed from XP) ; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017