network problem

hzhzhz 12:13 28 Sep 2005

My daughter down loaded msn messenger plus which seems to have stopped her pc from connecting to our network of 3 pc's. I ran beta 1 which picked up c2 lop which was deleted. when her pc was tried on the network again it put the router out of action. The router is dlink using 3 airplus adapters. We got this pc online using wired aol modem and put spybot on it. We have ran spybot,avg,beta 1,aol spyware detector and also ran winsock to try and repair network connection. While her pc has not been connected to network the other 2 pc's work fine. This morning I tried putting her pc back onto the network. It would not connect using the dlink and has also put the dlink router out of action again. DO I now wipe her hard drive and start from scratch.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:14 28 Sep 2005

How did you delete C2lop?

Spybot Search and Destroy click here can remove most variants of lop/Toolbar. Recent versions of Ad-Aware click here can remove most variants of lop/Toolbar; both programs are free.

There is also an uninstall feature in Lop which can usually be found on the round icon in the system tray. To do so: Click the right button on it and choose 'Menu'; on the resulting window, click 'Help', then 'Uninstall'; at this point the lop/IMZ variant will (annoying) ask for a number to be entered to confirm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?