Network not working with Zone Alarm Pro

keith-236785 12:13 05 Sep 2004

Hi

since the last update of Zone Alarm, my network client will not connect to the internet unless i shutdown Zone alarm, connect client to internet/msn/winmx ets. then start zone alarm again and all is fine as long as we keep the browser window open.

network is fine, file and printer sharing is enabled and working. it is just the connecting to the internet that is a problem.

question for you, is the new xpsp2 firewall good enough to replace Zone Alarm until i can fathom out a solution?, under xp's firewall i have no problems. i know it is a zone alarm problem and will be sending an e-mail complaining about the latest update as i believe i am not alone with this problem.

any advice would be welcome.

one other thing, my network is set up (or was) as 192.168.0.1 on server, 192.168.0.2 on client.

client has been off for a few days and now reports network connection to be 192.168.0.172??? any ideas why this would change without intervention.

i have done virus check (avg checks daily), trojan check, cleared cookies/history etc.

system is clean.

thanks in advance

keith

keith-236785 15:29 05 Sep 2004

anyone?

keith-236785 18:15 05 Sep 2004

anyone got any help before i let this one go into oblivion

Had this prob with my first networkthen changed to ZA pro,prob still there.then installed xp pro on the lad's comp.Restarted the xp network wizard,now they talk and share printers,90% of the time,sometimes they lose it,but just run the wizard again.Yours could be the change of ip address

keith-236785 18:34 05 Sep 2004

thanks for that, but this problem has been with me for about a month since the update, the network ip address only changed yesterday.

will try renewing zone alarm (uninstall/re-install) and see what happens

Taw® 18:42 05 Sep 2004

Had a similar situation, problem was that in ZA-Firewall-Advanced-internet connection sharing-this computer is an ICS/NAT gateway needed ticking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017