Network not recognising password

cas5090 13:11 05 Oct 2008

I have a wireless network running at home. The router is connected to the main desktop pc and another desktop and a laptop are on the network wirelessly.

Suddenly the second desktop and the laptop will not connect to the network, it says the security key is wrong but I know I am entering the right key.

The desktop that is wired to the router is still connecting to the internet.

Any advice gratefully received. Cheers.

mgmcc 13:26 05 Oct 2008

Go into the router's wireless security settings and change the WEP/WPA encryption key. Then delete the existing 'profiles' in the wireless settings of the PCs and go through the procedure to "Connect" again. You should be prompted to enter the WEP/WPA key and can now use the new key.

(Assuming Windows XP) - If using Windows "Wireless Zero Configuration" to manage your wireless networking, right click the Wireless Network Connection in the Network Connections folder, select Properties and then the Wireless Networks tab. Highlight the existing entry for your network and click the Remove button click here

cas5090 13:30 05 Oct 2008

Thanks for that, I am on Vista by the way, forgot to say. I am on the way home now, will try it. Cheers.

cas5090 17:03 05 Oct 2008

I sorted it in the end, just changed the password on the pc attached to the router, even though it showed I was clearly typing the right one in on the other computers.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017