Network has disappeared

Frank-P 09:09 26 Feb 2006

I am a volunteer supporting a blind PC user who uses an old desktop running Win 98 and a a wireless PC card plus a new Toshiba with built in wireless networking. Thee are linked to an Thomson SpeedTouch broadband router. He has previously had full connectivity between all three devices which were networked so that he could see and access the files on each PC from the other. A few weeks ago, this set up stopped working. The SpeedTouch has been reinstalled, and wireless comms are fine to both PC's, but despite several attempts to re-setup the network, it has not yet been possible for files on one PC to be seen by the other. looking at My Network places on the W98 PC shows a list of local drives, doing the same on the laptop displays nothing. Anyone got any ideas please?

keewaa 20:10 26 Feb 2006

2 sites I can recommend to check through because it could be one of many things.

click here

click here

Numbnuts2001 21:20 26 Feb 2006

It may sound a little silly but check and make sure the shared docs folder on the laptop is actually shared, and anything else you might want to share.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?