Network Down

AnthonyR 21:58 17 Jan 2007

Okay, heres the situation. I have two computers, both running windows 2000. One computer (lets call it computer A) has verizon DSL. For Christmas I got a wireless router and adapter. I set these up, allowing the other computer (computer B) to access files, printers, and the internet. It has worked fine until yesterday. Something was wrong with computer A so I had to repair the windows installation. Since this, computer B has not been able to connect to computer A. Computer A still can access the internet fine. The odd thing is, computer B says that it found and connected to the wireless network, but the computers are not talking(it sends packets but does not recieve any). I tried resetting the router and adapter, and reinstalling the software it came with. Neither worked. All settings appear to be the same. Any thoughts?

AnthonyR 22:57 17 Jan 2007

I should also add that computer B says its connected to the correct network, and computer A says that /it/ is connected to the correct network

imacd 23:00 17 Jan 2007

Have you setup file and printer sharing on computer A since the repair?

AnthonyR 23:02 17 Jan 2007

Its still setup. The repair didnt seem to change much at all, it only took like a few minutes. Plus, even if they weren't set up I would still get internet, which I dont

AnthonyR 23:46 17 Jan 2007

In fact, the wireless router control panel actually acknowledges computer B, but will not talk to it. This is really puzzling

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?