Network communication

TomG 20:05 27 Jul 2003

Can anyone suggest an easy way to send messages between two computers (both XP Home Edition) on a wireless network (bar shouting up the stairs)?

I've tried lan talk xp which was ok when two administrator accounts were talking but I couldn't get it to work on a limited account

i understand there are two methods inbuilt in XP but couldn't get either to do anything. I also tried a program called stickies but couldn't get on with that either.

Magik ®© 20:14 27 Jul 2003

it works in windows messenger, open up whiteboard. and scribble away....

spikeychris 20:18 27 Jul 2003

Winchat is a built in XP conversation tool. Start run and type winchat.

Chris

TomG 20:21 27 Jul 2003

thanks chaps - i'll give it a go - won't be tonight though being nagged by the wife for being on the computer all day!

spikeychris 20:25 27 Jul 2003

Been there!!

TomG 07:32 28 Jul 2003

Spikeychris, as my eardrums have now recovered from the wifes "comments" can you give me a bit more info onto how to use winchat - I have two computers on the network. When I look in the network connection box I see that one is called Tom and the other Tom (with a series of letters/digits following). Am I right in thinking that these "names" are the computer addresses for winchat?

TomG 07:48 28 Jul 2003

Spikeychris - - Its ok I found an article in Microsofts knowledge base - thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?