Network Card Sees Router but cannot connect

awesomefire 13:53 17 Aug 2007

hope someone can help Ive a Netgear router connected to my cable box and the kids have a Netgear wireless card in the pc in their bedroom. i can see the router on their pc at100% signal but i cannot connect to it. it used to work but not any more ive deleted the software taken the card out but still no joy the router seems to be working its getting a bit frustrating

mgmcc 08:21 18 Aug 2007

Try "removing" any existing profiles click here and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again. In other words, run the wireless adapter's software, scan for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires