Network card not responding.

Craig-289433 17:25 06 Feb 2006

My network keeps on going down and the only way I can get it to restart is to disable the network connection and then enable it.

I have found the following error message in the Event viewer.
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0026540B390D. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

howard63 17:32 06 Feb 2006

do you have a fixed IP address? If not set one and the server does not have to try to find one. This is done by right clicking network places and properties. Find the card in the list highlight it and then right click properties. Find the tcp/ip line highlight it and right click properties then use this address. normally addresses are in the range 192.168.0. 1 / 2 /3 etc. with a subset mask of 255.255.255.0 If you have a router this uses a different set of numbers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?