Network Cable Disconnected then Reconnects

adiew 11:01 02 Apr 2006

I have Linksys Wireless-G Router. BT Yahoo is the ISP and for the last 3 weeks i have been getting 'Network Cable is Unplugged and then immediately it reconnects saying 'Local Area Connection Connected. Sometimes it takes a while to get the connection back and it isnt stable. I have looked at all the settings including the firewall and all is well. How can i reslove this issue? Please help
Adiew

mgmcc 13:05 02 Apr 2006

To get fluctuations between the Local Area Connection being "Connected" and being "Unplugged" suggests a possible hardware fault. Have you tried a different cable and tried plugging into a different LAN port in the router? If neither of these is the cause of the problem, you may have to look at replacing the network card in the PC. Presumably there is no fault indicated for the network adapter in Device Manager?

fitshase 23:34 03 Apr 2006

Could be the router rebooting. My Netgear sometimes crashes and reboots of it's own accord. The only time I know about it is if I am on the computer and that message pops up to say the network cable is unplugged. A quick look at the router and I can see that it is restarting.

Could just be that.

Ross

mgmcc 10:48 04 Apr 2006

fitshase,

<<< Could be the router rebooting. My Netgear sometimes crashes and reboots of it's own accord. >>>

That shouldn't be happening. You may need to update the router's firmware or reset it to factory default settings and configure everything again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?