Netobjects fusion 9.1 help needed

Spock1958 16:31 14 Apr 2007

Having purchased a new PC with Vista, and thereby losing the use of Macromedia Contribute 3, I loaded Netobjects Fusion from a magazine cover disk. Now I want to connect to my website, which is causing me problems. I enter my ftp server, username and password, but am asked for a Directory Path and Repository Path. I have to complete these fields, but have tried every combination of entries, and am getting nowhere. Any experienced users able to help me here?

Forum Editor 23:15 14 Apr 2007

When you say you want to 'connect' to your website, what exactly do you mean?

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:21 14 Apr 2007

creates it's own version of HTML, I very much doubt if you will be able to open a site that was designed in another program.
In fact, I have never been able to open an NOF site in a later version after updating.

Spock1958 23:31 14 Apr 2007

At the moment, I have no way of updating my website. In Contribute 3, I connected to my site using my ftp server name, username and password, located a specific page and then edited the page remotely before re-publishing. I can't really explain it any better than this, nor can I see any other way of changing my website.

Forum Editor 23:52 14 Apr 2007

You will not be able to edit your site in NetObjects if it was created in another application, you'll have to import it into NetObjects first. An additional complication is that NetObjects can't import a site that's on a virtually hosted server, so to start with you'll have to download the whole site to your hard drive and then import it to NetObjects.

You don't say whether you designed the site, but the fact that you were using Macromediia contribute leads me to wonder if you were simply updating a site that had been designed by someone else? If that was the case you may run into difficulties here - NetObjects is for site design, and if you're not familiar with how to use it there's a bit of a learning curve ahead.

Macromedia Contribute isn't officially supported by Adobe for Vista, but versions 3 and 4 will actually install and work; there are just a few very minor issues. Why don't you try installing Contribute and carry on working as you have in the past?

Spock1958 10:35 15 Apr 2007

The website was designed by me completely within Contribute 3. When I try to install Contribute 3 however, I get a message "Failed to install ISKernal files", and can go no further.

I don't update the site very often so could always continue on one of our XP PCs, but it is nagging at me that I can't do it on my own PC.

Forum Editor 13:40 15 Apr 2007

but you'll have to learn to do so in NetObjects, and before you can do that properly you'll need to import the site and republish it to the server as a NetObjects site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone