NetObjects Fusion 8

afandou 15:35 13 Feb 2006

I have signed up for the 1&1 webhosting package and am having a great deal of difficulty designing my site. The 1&1 webbuilder is useless but Fusion 8 comes free with it.
I want to build the site to sell houses and want to make a page with a single thumbnail image of each house on it. I want these in a vertical column down the left of the page and I want to be able to write a short description of the property on the right. I also want the picture to link to a gallery with numerous images of that particular house. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

mco 15:55 13 Feb 2006

I am about to go to a two and a half hour meeting and am just catching up on emails..if no-one else replies before this evening I'll have a go. Several on here use NOF and it'ss quite straightforward once you know.

afandou 16:24 13 Feb 2006

Cheers mco. I have been able to set up thumbnails and galleries but just can't quite get it all together.

mco 18:51 13 Feb 2006

This is how I would do it, but bear im mind I'm just making it up as I go along! This should come out how you want though. I'd make a separate gallery for each house and then in ' picture properties ' I'd make it a text link - where I'd put the name of the house. Then I'd make thumbnails (myself) of each house and put them onto the main intro to the gallery page - down vertically in a line as you wish -and for each photo of a house I'd go to picture properties and link it to the respective page in the gallery (it is 'internal link' and you highlight the pages that house's photos are on) That way you just click on a thumbnail and it will take you to the bigger photos in the gallery. Does that make sense?

afandou 20:39 13 Feb 2006

I'm trying to do something like this: click here
If you click on property portfolio in this site it produces a list of houses. When you click on one of the names it takes you into a gallery of photos. Basically I want to do the same thing but with phots beside the list. I can create a page with the photos on it with a brief description beside each one but I can't get it to link to a gallery.

ade.h 20:44 13 Feb 2006

Just use the Photo Gallery tool from the NOF Components menu. By default, it will place a thumbnail of all the images in that gallery on the page from which you are linking, but this can be changed easily enough so that just one thumbnail launches a gallery. The gallery itself will be appended to the thumbnail page in the site structure.

afandou 19:15 17 Feb 2006

I have managed to to get a picture to link to a photo page which has arrows that allow you to scroll through the images. The thumbnail gallery page and the photo gallery page still appear on the website.
Is there a way to hide these but still keep the link working?

ade.h 20:21 17 Feb 2006

Copy the link and apply it to another object, such as a text link or single thumbnail. It'll be in the Links management page of Assets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?