NetMedia Spyware Cleaneradware alert

conrail 09:32 20 Sep 2007

running xp home, after running adaware and spybot with no problems I run a program called Ad Ware Alert from click here, this program keeps finding lots of problems, I have registered it so it I assume it isn't just trying to frighten me into buying it, does anybody know about this program, also from the same company RegistrySmart and Privacy Control, I also use AVG and A2Squared.

birdface 11:21 20 Sep 2007

You don't need it,You have enough programs on your computer ,I would stay clear of it as it does not have a very good reputation.

conrail 13:25 20 Sep 2007

thanks buteman and Marg7, I was recently hacked so I suppose I am being over protective, I will remove the program, I appreciate your help

birdface 13:36 20 Sep 2007

What made you download this particular program.I would not dream of downloading programs like that unless they came highly recommended.It is always worth asking for information about it if you are not sure,But not to download it and then ask.I would look at some of Marg 7s Programs to see if there is anything there that may interest you.A lot of freebies out there that do as good a job.If I were you I would download McAfee Site Advisor,This will warn you when you go into bad sites and only puts a small icon on your toolbar. This one is only for Internet Explorer.If you use Firefox you will have to look for that one. click here

conrail 13:52 20 Sep 2007

thanks buteman but a friend reconded it, she had downloaded it and said it was fine but ecvery time I run it it found more and more problems, it has gone nowm again thanks to all for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?