Netgear Wireless problems

morgueman 13:22 08 Jan 2007

This maybe abit long winded so please stay with me! Just changed from BTYahoo ISP, which i had set up with a Netgear Wireless Router, which was physically connected to my main PC, so i was able to use a laptop pc to and changed my ISP to Tiscali. I got a Speedtouch Router that connects via USB to my PC, uninstalling the Netgear software first, dont know why, just did!
Now i cant setup the Netgear again so i can go wireless. Tried to download the latest firmware from Netgear but then cant get onto the Netgear page, which is a numbered address, to open the firmware up!
Do i have to configure my PC for the Netgear stuff or what? Please help, or i'll have to call someone in to get it sorted and that costs money!!

Thanks, morgueman

Eric10 13:49 08 Jan 2007

I don't know what you mean by "Uninstalling the Netgear software" as there isn't anything on your computer that is needed for the router. All settings are made in the router itself. Maybe it was software for a wireless adapter which won't be needed with a direct connection anyway?
With the router switched on and connected to the PC by an ethernet cable you should be able to access the setup page by typing the IP Address (192.168.0.1 for Netgear) into your browser and supplying the username and password (defaults are 'admin' and 'password'). Don't forget that you will need to disconnect the USB Speedtouch if you are going to use the Netgear.
For help with setting up a router on Tiscali click here.

morgueman 22:50 08 Jan 2007

Hello, thanks for your help. Reconnected the Netgear Router and when i checked the connection, the ip address and subnet mask values were there, but there was no value for the Default Gateway!
Any idea how to get that?

Thanks,

morgueman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires