Netgear WGT624 v3 Is there an output power setting

dannykewl 10:08 26 Jan 2008

Hi,

I have a Netgear WGT624 v3 router. I'm not using the special 108 MBPS settings or hardware, just the normal 54 MBPS speed. I thought I seen a setting at one time to adjust the wireless output power, but that setting eludes me now. The router's wireless function hardly reaches all over my house. I'd like to bump it up a bit if possible so I can use my laptop at my neighbor's house. If there isn't a setting, any kind of software or firmware I can get? I'm in the USA if that helps. Thanks much,

Dan

setecio 19:33 26 Jan 2008

The netgear doesn't but some of the 2wire products do click here

Ashrich 22:05 26 Jan 2008

As far as I am aware no one has managed to do a custom firmware for a Netgear router , I know there are loads for Linksys routers , but then they publish their router firmware because they use Linux , and with it being Open Source anyone can " modify " it for unlocking certain features . Netgear routers get hot enough as it is , a power increase would have them falling over melting almost !! .

Ashley

rdave13 23:38 26 Jan 2008

Don't know if this will help but had a similar problem with a different netgear router and changing the channel from 12 to 9 made a difference.Play around with the channel settings, yours might be better at a different setting than the default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone