netgear WGR614-9VGUKS

chippy+ 20:33 29 Nov 2008

HI
I have the above router which has 4 wired ports/ wireless I would like to use the 4 wired ports upstairs and use wireless downstairs can anyone help with instructions for the setting up I use a wired router at present.I know i will have to get
a dongle for downstairs can I just wire up the 4 ports and the router reconise them and uae the setup disc for the wireless one downstairs thanks Chippy.

mgmcc 20:46 29 Nov 2008

Using the WGR614 with "wired" ethernet connections will be no different from what you're doing at the moment with your "wired" router - just plug into the four LAN ports. As it is a "Cable/DSL Router", presumably you are going to use it with Virgin's *CABLE* broadband service?

>>> and use the setup disc for the wireless one
>>> downstairs

The disk will run a wizard to set up the router, although you can also do this manually by typing its IP address into your web browser. My "Telewest" Netgear WGR614 router has the IP address 192.168.1.1

chippy+ 21:17 29 Nov 2008

hi mgmcc thanks for the response i won't be fitting the downstairs one at moment as I am going to buy a new tv with pc connection do I have to use the setup disc or can I wait untill I am ready for the wireless connection Chippy

mgmcc 21:59 29 Nov 2008

Try it and see. The default settings should let you connect by ethernet cable without having to go into its settings. Be sure to follow the correct procedure for swapping a connection to a Cable Modem click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?