Netgear WG111T USB

Snow543 15:54 22 Jan 2007

I have just gone wireless with AOL. My PC which is connected directly to the Netgear Wireless modem works fab. When i try to add my laptop to the wireless network using a netgear WG111T USB and using the cd from AOL, at the end of the process i get an error: Sprolll.exe - Unable to load component. This application has failed to start because WG1v2lib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fis the problem. Have tried re-installing. Have also tried on another laptop and get the same error. Any ideas anyone? Would be really greatfull, slowly going out of my mind here!!!

Aargh 19:39 22 Jan 2007

Try the Netgear support site and see if you can download any updated drivers

You don't say which router you are using - is it compatible with the adapter?

click here

AOL - always off line ;)

T0SH 19:51 22 Jan 2007

Install the drivers for the WG111T USB adaptor then plug it into the laptop once the driver is installed successfully you should see a new wireless network icon in your system tray ,right click on it and choosing View available wireless networks should bring up a window showing all the wireless networks within range select yours from the list then choose connect depending on your current security setup you may have to enter a wep/wpa code
once you are connected right click on the IE Icon on your desktop goto properties then the connection tab select never dial a connection then click on the LAN button and choose automatically detect settings ok back out ,then open IE you should be connected (you would only need the AOL CD if you want the AOL browser)

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017