Netgear USB wireless adapter interfere with XP

23790954 21:58 16 Feb 2010

Hi there to all you good forum members again.
I decided to change to a wireless internet connection on my desktop computer, using a Netgear DG534g v3 Router which has worked perfectly when used wired.
To make a wireless connection I installed a Netgear 54mbps USB 2 G adapter.
After installation, the wireless connection worked perfectly, but then when shutting down, I realized that the Windows XP Pro shut down settings had changed, and it did not shut down in the fast user method it had been shutting down on.
When attempting to rectify this in the control panel, it stated that the Netgear wireless USB adapter was interfering with the settings and to uninstall same to rectify problem.
When the programme was uninstalled the system returned to normal, but when I reinstalled the nedgear adapter again I find I cannot revert the system back to a Fast User shut down.
Any information on this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks to all who help.

retep888 00:31 17 Feb 2010

This is the famous<< RtlGina2.dll >> conflict with the windows ,try install the older version driver such as 1.5 instead of the newest 2.0 .

click here

23790954 12:45 17 Feb 2010

Many thanks for that retep888. That was exact name of file causing problem. You certainly know your stuff. Have downloaded other version and everything appears to be working o.k.
Again, many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?