Netgear USB Adapter and Router problem

Thrayne 13:58 15 Oct 2007

I'm using the home pc but I prefer using my laptop. I have installed the software and everything but it wont connect properly. Everytime it does, it loses connection very soon after and this happens every 5 seconds. I have cleared the ARP Cache and checked everything. Still cannot get a connection longer than a second. It's like a blinking light if you know what I mean. I can't repair as it disables the adaptor and cannot get it back on.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

By the way, its Sky Broadband (White Netgear router) and I have the 54 mbps wireless usb 2.0 Adapter WG111

fishytroll 17:26 15 Oct 2007

Hi Thrayne, I would suggest uninstalling everything and doing a fresh install ensuring that you have stopped your anti virus and spyware. Also, ensure that you have set the 'obtain ip address'to auto.
If you still have problems the netgear website is a good source of information and help. good luck.

Ashrich 23:42 15 Oct 2007

Try letting Windows manage the connection , the supplied Netgear facility is rubbish , or you could try un-installing the supplied software and just loading the drivers . What version is your USB adapter , it matters as there are Atheros based ones v1 , and v2 has a Prism chip in it , you will need the correct latest drivers .

Ashley

Thrayne 11:23 17 Oct 2007

It is a v2 version. And it is obtaining the ip address automatically. Also have used Windows to manage the network. But i will try and reinstall it without using the anti virus software tho. thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?