Netgear Sky ADSL router

howard64 17:09 02 Aug 2008

I have been given a redundant Sky router. It looks the same as my netgear dg834. Does anyone know what the user name and password are for this model. I have pressed the reset at the back and used the admin = admin and password = password as with my dg834 but this does not work. Any advice would be appreciated also as to what it is if it is not a dg834. Thanks in advance.

howard64 18:59 02 Aug 2008

thanks ├četa Ill give it a try

howard64 09:36 03 Aug 2008

If I go to the router login on the desktop I can log in using admin - admin and password = sky. I can then look at the normal pages of the router but it will not let me enter my details to go online. If I now run the router setup disk it will not accept admin and sky so back to square one.

howard64 09:40 03 Aug 2008

├četa looking on netgear's site the firmware for their models are not interchangeable. How does one find out which model dg834gt it is?

LastChip 10:22 03 Aug 2008

When you log in via a browser, it will tell you at the top of the router pages.

The one I'm using at the moment says for example:

DG834GT

It *is* essential that you identify the correct model in order to flash the router. If it's a straight DG834, it will also tell you the version number, also essential for correct identification.

Having said that, the router I'm using is ex-Sky and I flashed it without any problems.

In truth, I'm not finding it the best router in the world, but it does have a strong firewall.

howard64 11:20 03 Aug 2008

thanks all I am downloading files and will go offline to try installing.

howard64 16:21 03 Aug 2008

thanks all I have used the recovery utility and have reset the router. I am using it now so thanks again everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?