Netgear SC101 & Netgear Forum

wint 12:36 19 Sep 2006

I have a Netgear SC101 network attached storage device. I have it's disks SFSZ formatted & everything works as it should, very happy with it.

My question is: A friend has asked if it can be formatted NTFS or FAT 32? I am sure that I have read somewhere that it can be. I also recall that Netgear say that this would make it less reliable and slower but Netgear forum users disagree.

After a few hours searching, I can't find the Netgear forums at all. There is a French Netgear forum but not an English language one that I can find.

Google points to click here but this retruns a "not found" answer.

Anyone know if Netgear have closed their forums or can I just not find them?

Thanks in advance.

Wint

ade.h 14:04 19 Sep 2006

The UK domain is a bit content light, I must say. No sign of any fora. Presumably, you have already looked at the SC101's support page, but here's a link in case it helps: click here

ade.h 14:05 19 Sep 2006

click here Nothing there either.

wint 16:29 19 Sep 2006

Thanks ade.h

That's about all I found too. I have my original installation disk too but nothing there - that I can find.

There were some US/UK forums earlier this year but they are not there any more. They were full of criticism and questions ("why doesn't my Netgear xxx work" type things) so I wonder if they just dumped them?

ade.h 17:51 19 Sep 2006

Bad image, you mean? Yes, possibly. Fora have to be tightly managed, as you can imagine, and I think that a lot of manufacturers that have had them at one time soon find out the downsides. Those who have problems are very vocal, but nobody is going to bother posting a good experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?