Netgear GD834G V3 router problem

the kopite 10:20 21 May 2007

Hi Guys I having trouble connecting to Aol The router keeps saying "no modem detected". I have just spent a hour trying various things with a AOL Technician. Anyway the outcome was finaly after nothing worked he said it was the ethernet adapter on my motherboard? So I asked him if a pci card would solve it He replied maybe!!! So I decided I had a better chance of a more specific answere from you Guys Do you think it will solve the problem. Sorry to be so long winded Thanks Kopite

Ashrich 19:16 21 May 2007

Is there anything in the AOL set up that allows you to point it to the ethernet connection instead of a modem ? Have you tried setting you browser ...tools/internet options/connections , to " never dial a connection " ...just a couple of thoughts as I don't use AOL .

Ashley

the kopite 04:32 22 May 2007

Hi Ashrick I have tried every fix then some more Thanks Kopite

Coinach 10:20 22 May 2007

Have you gone into AOL Help and read the articles "Configure your Netgear DG834G Wireless Modem Router".read part 2 "Connect to AOL"

the kopite 08:29 23 May 2007

Hi Guys Yes Coinach I tried aol help The good news is I brought a ethernet adapter pci card and configured the router to use XP the bad news is I can not find a PCI adapter card that is vista compatible any clue if there is one Guys Thanks a vey excited Kopite about the game tonight lol

mjf123 12:25 23 May 2007

click here for the official microsoft list of network cards for Vista.

the kopite 06:25 03 Jun 2007

Hi Guys Thank you for your help Sorry I have not replied before was in hospital. My boy came down to see me and while he was staying in my place he kindly installed the netgear router for his old brain dead dad lol Kopit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017