NETGEAR DG834PN/WPN111

Rence 14:48 27 Dec 2006

HI I am just after some advice on the product above.

Due to having only one phone point at hom I have been bought the Netgear Wireless Router and USB Adapter so that I no longer have to rig up a phone extension from my spare room (upstairs) down to the phone point by the front door. Whilst I can connect remotely, after a random disconnection I seem to lose all access through the WPN111 on screen interface and therefore can never recoonect, (it pops up breifly but then vanishes). The network I have set up also disapears from the Network Connections in the control panel. I am only running one PC upstairs with the router plugged in to the phone line down stairs. ANy advice appreciated.

Ashrich 18:13 27 Dec 2006

The software for the WPN111 is recognised as rubbish , try letting Windows manage your wireless connection instead ...double click on the wireless network icon on the taskbar , select " view wireless networks , then on the left hand hide select " change the order of preferred networks , tick the box at the top that says " Let Windows manage etc. " Also , use the USB extension lead that came with the adapter to find the optimum position for the signal .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?