Netgear DG834PN wireless router with Virgin Broadb

dianascott 17:31 16 Nov 2008

I don't have the Virgin Wireless Kit - Netgear DG834GSP Wireless Router click here, do you know how to adopt a Netgear DG834 Wireless Modem Router to work with Virgin Broadband ?

mgmcc 20:33 16 Nov 2008

When you say Virgin Broadband, I assume it is their ADSL service via the phone line and *NOT* Cable broadband via a Cable Modem or TV Set-top box?

The DG834G is a combined "Router & ADSL Modem" suitable only for ADSL via the phone line.

Virgin's *SUPPORT* pages appear to be worse than useless and I couldn't find anything that actually detailed the settings for an ADSL router.

Go into the router's configuration pages by typing its IP address of 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. You will be prompted to enter a Username & Password, the defaults for which should be on a label on the underside of the router. You will need to enter your Virgin account "Username" and "Password" into the settings. Check also that these settings are correct:

Encapsulation: PPP over ATM (PPPoA)

Multiplexing Method: VC-Based

Virtual Circuit: VPI=0 VCI=38

Modulation: Multi mode

Authentication: CHAP

See how you get on with that.

hallti.y01 23:31 22 Nov 2008

For some reason today my PPP link light just went off on my modem, i am connected with talktalk, can anyone help me with this problem?
what can i do to sort this out?
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?