Netgear DG834N and WIN121T problems

gulfstream11 14:18 20 May 2007

Hi.
I have recently bought the DG834N and the usb WIN121T to connect wirelessly.Installed and running fine.Signal strength says "excellent" no problems..However try doing 2 things at once and everything slows down.Internet slow when 2 tabs open.Online gaming connection interuppting and freezing when nothing else is going.God help me when norton scans and I want to do a bit of browsing..I had no issues at all when connected via speedtouch modem,Norton,bittorrent and internet browsing all at once but this is useless....Any advice,something I missed?...PCWorld told me this was the best and fastest router on the market..Please help.....Appreciated

setecio 16:19 20 May 2007

If you are on Vista, try disabling IP6 in the wireless connection / adapter properties.

gulfstream11 16:58 20 May 2007

Thanks for the reply..Not on vista...XP SP2

gulfstream11 15:12 28 May 2007

Thank you Marg7.

I have stopped the WZC as suggested.Did doing this solve any issues you had?.
It still seems slow when browsing the net.I have bittorrent running and there seems to be no improvement.Like I said at the start,before wireless connection I had no issues at all.

Another thing that keeps happening is the connection keeps going off.Wont connect to the web/all torrents stopped,web page loads saying not connected but the system tray icon says connected with excellent signal strength..Are you getting this too?

Cheers

gulfstream11 22:10 28 May 2007

Hi Marg7

I read the thread you started.Have you got your replacement yet..I have,nt had the wireless drop yet since I turned off the WZC.Its been on all day with no problems.so fingers crossed.I also followed some instructions on configuring the internet protocol TCP/IP for the netgear adapter with IP address/subnet mask/gateway and the dns server,maybe that helped.Have you done this?

gulfstream11 19:16 05 Jun 2007

It still occasionally drops and cant reconnect without re-booting..Did you get in touch with the manufacturer direct or go through the outlet where you bought it??

cheers

rouflab 09:20 20 Dec 2007

Netgear DG834N RangeMax NEXT Wireless ADSL Modem Router Review
[DG834N Review]

DO NOT BUY NETGEAR PRODUCTS I have had three Netgear Routers two 834gt models, the first one went belly up in 3 months and I was charge $$$$$$$$ to have a replacement sent under warranty NOT ON. then after a year it went down OUT of WARRANTY I had to buy another one and guess what it went down JUST out of warranty. then i decided to buy the DG834N in Sept 2007 and after 3 months guess it what WENT DOWN, now having this replaced under warranty and they tried to charge me $$$$$$$$$$$$ for replacement I said no so now a replacement being sent in approx 7 days. it appears these do not last more than 13 months at the most, thus causing a new purchase, i feel i have been ripped off by Netgear as their products do not last. DO NOT BUY NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTERS BUY ANOTHER MAKE UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE PURCHASING REPACEMENTS EVERY 13 MONTHS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?