Netgear DG834Gv3 stopped receiving internet.

pahx2 20:39 06 Jan 2009

I have a Netgear DG834Gv3 router. It has worked fine for over 12 months, connected by wire to a desk top and wireless to a laptop, but yesterday I could not get an internet connection. I spent a frustrating day talking to my ISP (TalkTalk) technical support, but it is still not accepting an internet signal. Can anyone help?

bebbo 03:39 07 Jan 2009

1.Are all lights on?
2.Try rebooting the router ie power off then on again
3.Filters ok?
4.Can you borrow another router from someone just to try or take yours to a friends and try it there?
5.Turn your firewall off on pc and try again

pahx2 12:35 07 Jan 2009

Hello Bebbo,

Thanks for the advice. I had tried most of what you suggested, except turning off the Firewall. Unfortunately that didn’t work either. There is not problem getting a signal when using the TalkTalk SmartAX MT882 modem, and there wasn’t a problem with the Netgear DG834 until Monday.

I am tempted to just go and buy another wireless router, but if I do that I may just have the same problem. I just cannot get the Internet light to do anything other than flash orange.

I really need to help to save my sanity!

Paul

howard64 12:54 07 Jan 2009

have you checked the settings in the netgear home page - mine is 192 - 168 - 0 - 1. With the netgear router it can get confused over time. If you can get into the home page and all looks ok then try the router reset by pressing something in the hole at the back for a few seconds this might clear it. If you are unsure of the settings list them and I will compare them with mine. I am on tt so they should be similar.

howard64 13:01 07 Jan 2009

you have to enter click here to get in and then the password [default is password] then admin [default is admin]

^wave^ 13:08 07 Jan 2009

type in a browser 192.168.0.1 you should get a log in screen if you have not changed it its admin for user password is password
if you can access this then the prob is router outwards there is a reset button between the 1st ether net and phone socket hold it down for 15 secs all the lights should flash this resets to factory default. you will have re enter all the set isp info again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone