Netgear DG834G v3 Vista Compatability

jagbg 00:15 12 Jul 2008

Why does my internet connection drop out. I have a Netgear DG834Gv3 Wireless Router and operating system is Vista Home Premium.It drops the connection at random sometimes after hours sometimes after 20 minutes.When i shut down and start up again all is well, until the next time.

JAG.

rdave13 00:42 12 Jul 2008

Suggest to contact your ISP. Try 'power cycling' first. Posh words for disconnecting router from mains power for a few minutes then reconnecting power.
Let the router settle and see how it goes. If same fault happens then report problem with ISP. Might be a faulty line.

User-1229748 04:20 12 Jul 2008

The router works with vista fine cos i used the version 3 for 12 months with aol 2 mb

LastChip 17:20 12 Jul 2008

Your router doesn't care what operating system you use. It is completely irrelevant. As it happens, I am currently using a Netgear router with Linux.

But, Netgear routers do have a history of dropping connections: my one does it too.

The easiest way is to go into your router settings and make sure it's set to automatically reconnect when it losses the connection. Unless you're into continuous gaming, you probably wont even notice the interruption.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie