Netgear DG834G Encryption

Connaco 02:15 27 Dec 2007

I have brought home a Netgear wireless router from work so I could play my new PS3 over the internet. When i plugged it into my computer (Wired) it is working fine (Using it now to do this). Unfortunately , when I try to access it using my other PC (Wireless) it days i need a pre-shared WEP key. But i have no idea what it is. Tried to access settings by putting the Ip address on the bottom of the router into my web browser but nothing happened. How do i reset the WEP key?!?! I really want to play online!

Dipso 09:56 27 Dec 2007

You need to decide on a SSID (network name) and passkey yourself. Then you enter these into your router and then enter them into the wireless settings on the wireless PC. See this click here and then click here

Dipso 09:59 27 Dec 2007

Sorry I messed the links up. Should be click here then this click here

Connaco 00:48 28 Dec 2007

I have already tried this, when i enter the IP address it tells you to enter, 192.168.0.1 into both Mozilla and Internet Explorer but it comes up that the page cannot be displayed! how do i get round that?!?

brundle 00:59 28 Dec 2007

Something worth noting is that the PS3 only seems able to access wireless networks with a passkey of 8 or less characters.

Dipso 09:59 28 Dec 2007

You need to set up the encryption fron the wired PC first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?