Net Object Fusion 9 and panorama's

steve263000 12:29 20 Feb 2006

Good day forum,
Are there any users of the above web maker out there? I am starting to use this, and so far have found it fairly intuative to use.

However there is one thing that I have never even started to use, and that is the upload of panoramic photo files. They come as anyone who has ever used them would know in four parts. The web part then the stiched file, a iv file and the panapplet that makes it work.

As this will be a important part of my work in the future, I thought that I would get in early in the learning stage, and see if we had any experts out there.

Forum Editor 12:57 20 Feb 2006

who use NOF - I certainly use it myself.

Do you have a specific question about the use of panoramic images?

steve263000 14:51 20 Feb 2006

Thank you FE for the reply. I can take them OK, and I have been uploading them in FP, but now I would like to try it in NOF. Is there any special technique? The loading of straight web pages is of course straigh forward, but how do I put them into a web page in NOF?

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:11 21 Feb 2006

come in four parts, can't you simply load them into a four column table with no cell spacing or padding?

Bebee 07:22 21 Feb 2006

I use panoramic photos and have never had them come in four parts - the program I use stitches them together and outputs in a range of formats - either as a straight picture or VR Panorama (e.g. in QuickTime). I just insert them into the page using NOF 8 - click here

steve263000 12:12 21 Feb 2006

I have had a lok at your site, and I liked it a lot. What program do you use to make your panoramas? Mine is photovista, and although it stiches well and quickly, then produces for web use, four parts consisting of a web page, then the stiched photos, then the panapplet and a ivr file.(whatever that is).

They then have to be uploaded all at the same time to create the panoramic photo. As my site has now been taken down due to technical problems, I cannot show you what I mean. I have never uploaded with NOF, and there is no rush to do so, but all I need to know is if there is any special technique with NOF that I should use.

Bebee 17:56 23 Feb 2006

Thanks Steve. I use Panorama Factory for the panoramas. I tried out the trial version and liked it enough to buy it - it seems accurate and better than the free program that came with the camera. It will handle quite a lot of pictures and i have done a 360 degree with it as well. It also gives the VR output.

Bebee 17:56 23 Feb 2006

Thanks Steve. I use Panorama Factory for the panoramas. I tried out the trial version and liked it enough to buy it - it seems accurate and better than the free program that came with the camera. It will handle quite a lot of pictures and i have done a 360 degree with it as well. It also gives the VR output.

De Marcus™ 19:19 23 Feb 2006

Adobe photoshop will stitch photos together to form a panorama for anyone that's interested. File > automate > photomerge.

steve263000 05:40 24 Feb 2006

both for the reponses. I am always looking for something new, and that seems to worth looking at.

DeMarcus, I had never heard of adobe and panoramas, and that is well worth looking into, as I have not done much with it yet.

steve263000 10:42 24 Feb 2006

I think I may have mislead with my original question. I have been refering to 360 panoramic photos all the time. This is what I mean by panoramics, as of course the simple stiched long photo is simple enough. This is the one that produces the four files when saved as a web page. See above for details.

For those who have never used NOF, I have found as have many others, that it is a great program, and far easier to use for those like me that need a straighforward building program. So far it is just this panorama building that has me foxed, but as I have said this was just a quick query to see who knew what.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?