net messenger

carlinglover 17:21 27 Dec 2003

when i sign into msn my contact list says my wife is signed in even though we only have 1 pc and she obviously isnt .... when she signs in a msg comes up and says she has been signed out of net messenger coz she has signed in at another location?????? friends are saying that she is ignoring their posts but she is not even on the pc ...... any ideas what on earth is going on???? thanx for any help you guys can give me....
and i hope you all had a good xmas
cheers

carlinglover

©®@$? 17:24 27 Dec 2003

im wondering if you have two instances of messenger installed

example

msn messenger and windows messenger

maybe one of them is automatically setup to log your wife in when connected to the internet without her realising

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:29 27 Dec 2003

Would be my guess to ,worst case is some1 else is using her addy but not likly.

Sign in as your wife and delete her password then it shouldnt be able to connect without you knowing.

Regrads.

carlinglover 17:33 27 Dec 2003

i have windows msnger and msn messenger i went to remove progs and windows messenger isntin there??? for me to delete it...god im rubbish at this pc stuff lol thanx for any help you can give

VoG II 17:33 27 Dec 2003

Is this in XP?

If so Start, Run, type in

control userpasswords2

and click OK.

On the Advanced tab click the Manage Passwords box.

Remove any duplicate or unwanted entries.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:35 27 Dec 2003

Try going to ad remove windows utilites then untick the messenger there might work.

Regards.

VoG II 17:35 27 Dec 2003

To remove Windows Messenger in XP click here

carlinglover 17:58 27 Dec 2003

thankyou all for your help it seems to have worked.. i went to vogs tweak xp site and did this 1. Click on the Start button and select Run.
2. Type:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

then rebooted and it worked yipee wife is a happy bunny now
thankyou again for the invaluable help you have given and i hope 1 day to learn enough to return the favour by helping somebody myself and i will continue to log in here just to learn even without having a problem ....

hope you all have a very happy and very productive new year all the best to you all

carlinglover....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone