.Net Framework Questions

BaboonBoy22 21:01 07 Sep 2006

I'm interested in checking out this XNA game design program by microsoft, but before I can install it I need Visual C# 2005 Express Edition. But before that I need to uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0. To be honest I don't really know much about this subject. By uninstalling the framework will I be causeing myself any problems? And what does the framework really do?
Any feedback would be great.
BB22

STREETWORK 21:18 07 Sep 2006

If you uninstall.net you may experience problems with some internet services such as MSN Messenger.

BaboonBoy22 22:17 07 Sep 2006

Will the Visual C# 2005 Express Edition not provide something similar to the .net framework?

BaboonBoy22 14:34 08 Sep 2006

<bump>

ACOLYTE 14:45 08 Sep 2006

Not sure on this but i have had Net2 installed and un installed before without and problems.

But i can only speak from my experience,i did find this click here

Micrsoft visual c download if you need it.

BaboonBoy22 14:40 10 Sep 2006

So is my undertanding correct or am I completely wrong. The .NET Framework is just something that supports websites etc. for viewing. And the visual c++, c# etc are programs that allow you to build them?

BaboonBoy22 13:19 11 Sep 2006

^

ventanas 15:31 11 Sep 2006

.Net is a p;rogramming language. Programs that are written in .net require the framework installed in order to be able to run. Therefore I would not uninstall it.

If you download and install Visual C# Express and it already finds .net framework 2 installed it should ignore it. Where did you find that you have to uninstall it first? I already had it installed when I put Visual C# on. It went through without any problem. It may also install a version of SQL Server as well.

BaboonBoy22 18:06 11 Sep 2006

I first learned that I had to uninstall it when downloading the Visual C# Express Edition.
click here

llamafan 18:19 17 Sep 2006

[quote]Before you get started, make sure to uninstall all pre-release (beta) Express software from your computer.
You must uninstall all Visual Studio 2005 and Express betas before installing a final release of any Visual Studio 2005 Edition, including an Express Edition. You must also uninstall the beta version of the .NET Framework 2.0 before installing any Express Edition final release. [/quote]
From [url] click here[/url]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?